Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hamilton Genealogical Society

At http://www.hamiltongensociety.org/ the Hamilton clan often reliably traces our lineage back 1,000 years or so because there are certain markers for a Y Hamilton chromosome.  There are 2 different Y chromosomes that are Hamilton that are considered to be noble, while there are some non-noble Hamilton's, for example, slaves that took on our last name, such that within roughly the last 1,000 years my lineage only had 1 non-paternal event.  We, Clan Hamilton, are Scotland's Preeminent noble family.  Likewise, thoughts of my wife cheating on me, my parents, or grandparents cheating on my fathers side of the family is inconceivable.
I have yet to get tested.  However, I think it would be fun to test my son for Hamilton DNA.

No comments:

Post a Comment