Sunday, June 9, 2013

Reneging on Many of My Earlier Blogs

The data for the first 12 markers are in.  Nearly everyone, and it wasn't many, had a different last name than I.  This means that my Y chromosome comes almost entirely from men who have had sex with someone who is not their wife.

However, I belong to Haplogroup I, and at this point I still believe I descend from the Milesian Jews that traveled to Ireland and Scotland, and did not come to Great Britain during the Norman conquest.  Many of the various names of folks that are genetic matches with me did at least have a family crest.

1 comment:

  1. At least I can say that unlike the royal family, I have a very unique genealogy (through my ancestors Trojan Horsing their way into families and at least living long enough to do all over again), which while it may have been the result of adultery, was at least not the result of incest.

    ReplyDelete