Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Military Intelligence Tests for My Dad's Side Of the Family Revealed

This is by word only.  I was told that during WWII the USA government gave tests to assess the intelligence of American citizens.  My father has told me that both his Dad, Harry, and his uncle, Edgar?, tested in the top 10 among all the folks in the state of Pennsylvania.  This essentially means that my Grandfather Harry  Hamilton of Natrona Heights and his brother where more learned in their discipline than millions of others.  Harry tested among the top 10 in chemistry.  Edgar? tested in the top 10 in optics, if I remember correctly.
This meant that for my Grandfather that during WWII he was asked to stay on the homefront in the USA and engage in research and development.  Harry, my grandfather, was here involved in the invention of coal gasification, a process that turns coal into a combustible gas that can be used for power.  Thus, his contribution is the reason people proliferated the use of coal in coal power plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment